Friday, February 6, 2009

Kokomo - Part 2

Since I know everyone is dying to find out our decision about the anniversary trip, I thought I'd share with you all.

After much deliberation and a little prayer, WE (not just me), decided to go to Daytona Beach, FL. My only real desire was that we go someplace beachy and warm, and Daytona Beach has plenty to offer for tourists and sightseers for Big A. The price for our trip is much more reasonable than any of the other options and we don't have to leave the country (he pointed out that even though I was begging to go to the Bahamas, I would never actually go because I wouldn't want to be so far from the kids. That man knows me too well).

So I started looking at the locations my friend Karen suggested and as I was doing that, I came across a 2009 NASCAR schedule. Big A is a huge NASCAR fan. Huge. Unfortunately, we won't be in town for the Daytona 500, but it's quite possible I will win the Best Wife Ever Award because I'm secretly signing him up for the Richard Petty Experience. Big A's dream is to be a race car driver (though he'll never say it out loud). A few years ago, we even considered buying a stock car so he could participate in local races. If my plans work out, he will be able to do a ride-along on the Daytona track in a real stock car!

And wouldn't you know it, I'm more excited about this part of the trip than I am about the beach! I can't wait to see his face when he finds out. To think I'd miss his excitement if I would have pushed to have my way instead of finding a compromise.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun and when he sees what you have in store for him I am sure he will be excited! That is so sweet of you to do that for him.
    Have a great day!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy- I went to Daytona Beach (actually stayed in DB Shores, right by DB) and I LOVE it there! We wanna go back soon. It was wonderful! You guys will have a fantastic time!!!
    Oh, and sorry about today...I was so disappointed! I am feeling better finally, thank goodness. We're reschedule soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big E is very jealous about the Richard Petty experience.

    That was "Big E" writing. I had him read this particular blog entry because I knew it would make him jealous. ;) I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that sounds like a win/win holiday! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sooo glad you two were able to come up with an idea you are both excited about!! And you are SOOO absolutely going to be the wife of the year!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin