Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Some Info About My Blog

Some of you who read this blog have asked a few questions that I thought I'd answer now.

The title of the blog came about one busy afternoon. I had just returned home after grocery shopping and was hustling to prepare supper. Everyone was starving, so I decided fishsticks would have to do. I felt so guilty for not whipping up something healthy and tasty and was beating myself up for always cutting corners. To my delight, when I served the kids their food, I was met with rave reviews.

"I LOVE the fishsticks that you make, Mommy," said Bubby.

"Ohhhhh. Fishsticks are my favorite," chimed Sissy.

And little Chancho just gobbled them up.

I felt so blessed that even when I'm not on top of my game, it's okay. God loves me and so does my family.

And as Romans 8:18 says: "For I reckon that the sufferings of the present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory about to be revealed in us." There it is, right there in God's word. Someday I will be superwoman.

The second and final inquiry pertains to me not using my family's real names. I've read a lot of blogs and it seems like a good idea to keep the names of my children private online. I don't mind using my own name, but I'm going to try to keep my hubby's name and kids' names secret. For the most part, the only people reading this will be loved ones anyway, but you never know who is lurking.

And that's all she wrote... for tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had some fish sticks on hand today - I'm so tired and don't want to make a thing!

    I also keep my kiddos names private - although when I have my new baby I will probably announce her name, but only that one time. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin